Safeguard Products International - Fraud Alert!!

Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

This company cheated me!!

I bought Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) on a 2012 Chevy Equinox I bought from a Performance Chevrolet dealership. Safe-Guard advertises that, "GAP protects you from incurring large out-of-pocket expenses by covering the 'gap' between what your insurer pays and the balance you may owe on your loan." My car got totaled and the balance I owe on my loan (after my insurer paid off) is $5000+. Safe-Guard paid a whopping $721.20. That is less than I paid for the insurance!! Safe-Guard claims they don't if you over pay for a car. WTF?? That is not what I was told at time of purchase. That is not what their website says.

After some research I have discovered several legal cases against this company for its GAP fraud. They have been sued in the past and are about to get sued again.

SAFE-GUARD IS A CHEAT!!!!

Reason of review: Fraud.

I didn't like: This company is engaged in fraudulent practices.

Safeguard Products International - The most worthless company ever invented.

I totaled my truck nov 2017. After this is when my *** began.

I quickly found out this company is only looking out for themselves. Every time i called i was met no help and was told my insurance company was sending wrong evaluation of value. I at that point had a 3way phone call with safeguard and my ins company. I was told by both parties that we would be moving forward, but after about 2 weeks i was then told that it was still wrong.

So again i call a 3way. Again, after 2weeks i was told the same thing happened.. then i talked to a supervisor"Charles, extension 9813" that told me he had the correct info from my insurance company and would walk it over to the correct department himself as soon as we were off the phone. So then i felt confident this was done..

after a week of not hearing anything i called, i was told he was unavailable and was sent to his voicemail. he never called me back, as to no surprise. I feel no matter what i do, this will never be handled. this has been a complete waste of my life..

I have been dealing with this company for almost 3 months now with no result. I have come to the conclusion, THIS COMPANY WAS CREATED BY {{REDACTED}}!!!! I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFETIME EVER BUY GAP INSURANCE FROM THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN!!!!! if u find yourself unfortunately having to deal with this company..

and their so called "CUSTOMER SERVICE" .. I feel sorry for u.. They will waste as much of ur time as possible to *** you off.. and make u go away..

what they wont tell you is that you can file a complaint with your states " department of insurance". good luck!

Review about: Gap Total Loss Ins.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Yes!!!! Same exact thing is going on with me currently!

My car was totaled October 12th,and it has been a nightmare ever since! Worst company ever,I cannot stand Charles,he is such a liar and will say whatever to get you off the phone!

I feel your pain! thanks for the info,I’ll definitely be contacting the “department of insurance” right now!

Safeguard Products International - Three months & loan still not paid

My son had a car accident in November 2017. Safeguard, the gap insurance offered to him from the dealership, still has not paid his car loan and it's February 2018.

If my son didn't have another car he could borrow, he'd have lost his job. Safeguard has dragged its feet and today my son was told it will be at least another eight days before his paperwork is processed. Apparently the adjuster, instead of actually reading what had been submitted, was holding up the processing because there was no police report. The information provided to Safeguard stated that there was no police report.

Once my son spoke with the adjuster to found out the hold up, my son was told to write up everything that happened and submit it to the company - something he had already done.

Once he resubmitted the record of events, he was told it would be another ten days. Before you buy a car from a dealership, ask which company will be providing the gap insurance because if you ever need it, you could get screwed.

Review about: Gap Insurance Auto Insurance.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Safeguard Products International - Do not use Safeguard gap insurance company!

Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

This happened last year when my car was totaled 8-17. My insurance company was great in getting their payment off to the lender except they put prior damage and with held $438 for it.

This was a mistake as all damage was caused at time of incident. Safeguard did the same. But they said if the insurance company would re-evaluate it and send them this stating no prior damage they would send payment to lender. My insurance company did re-evaluate and sent their payment of $438 to the lender.

The re-evaluation and copy of check was sent to Safeguard and they have since 11-17 kept fiddleing around with they didn't get it, to they got the evaluation, to they need the check copy which Geico faxed to them, to oh ya there it is, but guess what? We have overpayed on this and are sending no more money. WHATTTTT? Gap is gap.

I paid a really large sum of money for this, did and sent everything they asked for and now they're trying to screw me. My lender has been very patient but I'm done with them. I have already filed a complaint with the BBB and tomorrow I'm reporting them to the TDI and have them investigated.

If this is what it takes to get a car paid off I no longer have then so be. But don't ever use them unless you have the time and pocket book to pay what they won't.

Review about: Gap Insurance.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Pay the amount with held for prior damage to the lender.

I didn't like: Being jacked around to get my gap paid.

Safeguard Products International - Simple Review #1473775891

Columbus, Ohio 0 comments

Gap is a joke thanks rip me off. David tasker

Review about: Gap.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Safeguard Products International - Safe Guard Auto is the biggest Scam BE WARNED

Cincinnati, Ohio 0 comments

This "company" sends multiple letters in the mail claiming that your car warranty is about to expire and you need our insurance to cover you. If you call the number they will claim that you must pay at that moment or this offer is at the table...sketchy??

Once they force you in they don't cover anything worth the money that you are even paying their company. Their roadside assistance will not assist you in any way shape or form. They literally cover nothing for you. You are just putting food on the table while the sit around and *** each other off in an office as they suck your wallet dry.

We called to try and cancel the $184 monthly bill and they guy put us on hold and came back and explained that if we can't afford this monthly payment you won't be able to afford whatever issues you have down the road so im going to lower your price to $111 I had to forcefully have him tell me how to cancel.

If you want your money back go to the bank and explain to them this company is a scam and claimed to go through your car dealership when they are not at all part of that or even accredited through BBB. Fight fire with fire and put an end to this company, get your money back and make these people get a real life and job.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $1000. This person is overall dissatisfied with Safeguard Products International. The most disappointing about car warranty at Safeguard Products International was everything about this company Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Safeguard Products International.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Insurance category for more informed decision or compare Safeguard Products International to other companies on our site.

Safeguard Products International - GAP insurance from Safe-Guard is a rip-off

Atlanta, Georgia 8 comments

I bought GAP insurance from this company and they are refusing to pay out on my claim. They dragged my claim out for over 1 month before they told me how they were going to calculate what they were responsible for and then stated that they owed nothing.

It was my understanding that when you buy GAP protection that they pay out the difference on a vehicle loan after my non-gap insurance coverage pays out. They never said it was based on the value of the vehicle itself.

And if it were based on that then GAP insurance would immediately be obsolete. I understand that they may not pay out any interest that may have built up when I used the skip a payment option offered by my lender however I feel that since my non-gap insurance did not cover the total balance of the loan then the GAP insurance I purchased should be responsible for the remainder as promised.

Review about: Gap Ins For A Vehicle.

Comments

Has anyone went and reported them to the insurance commissioner ??/??? I feel we should all make those calls

Yes we seem to be having the same problem. Also if you could ever reach them by phone you are lucky also never return your calls so yes so far it’s a rip off. This is how they screw you I guess now it’s lawyer time.

We have lost $900.... plus what we paid them for the "fake" insurance (as it doesn't exist).

It has been weeks and weeks of them asking for forms and documents, have sent them all, but they said that the documents were 'rejected'.You would be better off not having any GAP insurance, save the premiums and pay any extra out of pocket.Very unhappy with humanity right now. How do they sleep at night.

They are doing the same thing to me right now it's been 2 months and still no settlement to my lender. Nothing but stall tactics I don't know how an insurance commissioner allows these people will stay in business.

Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States #1175881

My credit also took a hit because of this worthless insurance. Stay away from these people.

They suck never get this ...never pay out an now my credit report is hit

Im currently going through this

to Anonymous #1428957

They are driving me crazy as I type.. My claim has been dragged out since December..

View more comments

Safeguard Products International - Warranty rip off

Brooklyn, New York 2 comments

safe guard products intl is a company that sells tire insurance against road hazzards they take your money but if you submit too many claims they say you are a bad driver and cancel your policy they are rip offs i took my vech to my repair shop with blown tires from nyc streets the repair shop submitted the claim and they refused to honor it and told the repair shop they was going to cancel my warranty,saying i was a reckless driver how *** are they this company is based in georgia and i'am in nyc seems they never drove in our city and to boot they banned the repair shop i service my vehicle at for filing too many claims this company should be shut down

Review about: Tire Warranty.

Comments

what happens if ur tires get slashed is that under warranty

to jonny #674518

Hey Jonny,

No, slashed tires would fall under what is called in the insurance industry and regulation biz as "hazards incident to ownership." Your insurance company would pay for that, assuming you bought the kind of coverage that would include that (comprehensive, I believe). These VSCs are ***.

They are so full of exclusions and conditions that only a small percentage of claims are likely honored.

These things are pure profit for the companies that make and sell them. Stay away from them like the plague.